October is Pastor Appreciation Month and BC Christian Academy would not want to miss the opportunity to honor and recognize our pastors & ministry workers who play a huge role in our faith community. In light of COVID-19, our annual Pastor Appreciation Day will be organized with social distancing on Wednesday, October 14th from 10 am to 12 pm at our Fernwood Campus Gym at 1019 Fernwood Ave., Port Coquitlam.
Following the BC Mass Gathering Order due to COVID-19, attendance is limited to 50 people.
Hebrews 13:7 inspires us to “Remember your leaders, who spoke the word of God to you.” BC Christian Academy affirms the importance of home, family, and church working together to lay the Christian foundation among our young generation.
If your family is currently attending a church, please forward this invitation to your pastor/s. We have also sent an e-mail invitation to most churches/pastors in our school directory.
For the guidance of everyone attending, here are our COVID-19 On-Campus Safe Meeting Protocols
- If you are showing any symptoms of illness, if you have traveled within the last two weeks or if you have been potentially exposed to someone who has had Covid-19 within the last two weeks, please do not come to campus to attend the meeting.
- Please sanitize or wash your hands before entering the GYM. Hand sanitizer will be available and frequent sanitizing is encouraged.
- Masks must be worn as you enter our campus and they are available if you don’t have one.
- Please maintain two-meter (six feet) distance from others at all times.
- You need to register to attend this event.
- We are limiting access to, and use of, the school’s common spaces other than the gym.
- Please observe one-way directional signs and wall and floor signage to encourage healthy distancing.
- The use of the washroom is limited to one person at a time.
- We know we love to hug, but we can’t.
- Only individually-boxed or individually-packaged (catering) meals will be served.
We are really looking forward to seeing your pastors! However, if they are uncomfortable or unable to attend for any reason, we will understand, but we would like to know by Friday, October 9th. We will also keep you informed if there are any changes.
Attendees need to REGISTER to attend our Pastor Appreciation Day.
Pastors may contact Ana Enduma by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 604-941-8426 ext. 239 if they have any questions or concerns.
We are also in need of a few volunteers to help us organize this event. Please sign up to help following our Safety Protocols. Here is the link to our signup https://signup.com/go/zzSriRg
For new families, here’s how this sign up works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our sign up: https://signup.com/go/zzSriRg
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s)you like.
3) Sign up! It’s Easy – you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password. Note: This sign up does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually.
And so may the sweet smell of pumpkins and the crisp autumn leaves charm and delight you to remember, thank, and trust the God of all seasons. As we continue to face the unknown of COVID-19, we can trust that God is with us in every season of our lives. He is in control and our firm foundation even in the midst of uncertainty.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. May God keep you all under His wings of protection.