BCCA’s The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe! Get your tickets HERE

British Columbia Christian Academy opened its doors in September 1992 when a group of Christian families shared the vision for an independent Christian school in the Tri-Cities area. Initially, several classrooms at the old Burnaby North High School were leased to teach a handful of high school students.

There were many hurdles in the early stages. Facilities, staffing, equipment and parent support were all integral to BC Christian Academy becoming firmly rooted. Despite the tough challenges those families endured, they strongly believed God would bless their desire for an independent Christian school.

BCCA Timeline

  • 1992
  • 1993
  • 1995
  • 2000
  • 2005
  • 2008
  • 2018
  • 2020

September 1992

BCCA opened as an independent Christian school in the Tri-Cities area.

Leased space at Old Burnaby North High School.

19 HS students.

September 1993

Leased space at Eagleridge Bible Fellowship Church.

K-12 classes began.

72 students.

Received Group 1 status from the Ministry of Education.

BCCA Society was incorporated.

September 1995

Leased space at Coquitlam Christian Centre.

120 students.

September 2000

Leased a portion of the old Terry Fox School on Wellington Street.

172 students.

KIDS Club established.

September 2005

Continued at Old Terry Fox High School.

Purchased High school Modular building.

260 students.

September 2008

Leased Lincoln Elementary School at 1019 Fernwood Avenue, Port Coquitlam.

201 students.

September 2018

Expanded with new facility at 3000 Christmas Way, Coquitlam for High School.

355 students.

June 2020

Purchased 1019 Fernwood Avenue Campus as BCCA’s permanent school location.

Enrolment is envisioned to continue to grow.

Testimonials

Elementary

High School

Kids Club

Alumni

Attend a Tour