Whether you are from Canada or from China, English is your first language or not, each person represents a culture that is worth knowing and celebrating in our school community! All BCCA Families are encouraged to join and participate in our CULTURAL CONNECTIONS usually during the first term of the school year.
Research shows that family involvement in their child’s learning has a profound effect and positive impact on their children’s success in school. This is true for families of all cultures and ethnic backgrounds. Each year, we grow more culturally and ethnically diverse and while we are thankful for this growth, cultural and language barriers do exist that sometimes make communication quite challenging. As we strive to continue building and strengthening our BCCA Community, it is our pleasure to introduce this program to our school (CULTURAL CONNECTIONS) with the purpose of:
- Creating a warm environment for all families,
- Building cultural groups and discovering community liaisons,
- Fostering more effective communication by offering translation services to non-English speaking families,
- Providing better access to school services and resource materials; and
- Communicating our school mission and development goals over the next 3-5 years and identify the role families play in helping us meet them.
Furthermore, it is our hope that our Cultural Connections program will be an avenue for our current or returning families to support, mentor or come alongside the new BCCA families as they make a smooth transition into our BCCA community!
Help build and strengthen a “culture of giving” to our school by participating!